So last night I was watching old Britney Spears music videos, which is none of your business why, when I suddenly got the urge to look up a bunch of other poppy love songs I used to lip sync into a round hairbrush so hard my butterfly clips would fly across the room.
With that said, here are my super rad top picks for the best pop love songs of the late 90's/early 2000's. Enjoy:
1. Britney Spears - Sometimes
Sometimes I still purposely play this. And sometimes I re-enact the dance she does on the pier.
2. Brandy - Baby
OK, don't even act like you didn't do lose your shit when this came on the radio...
3. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey - Where You Are
Kind of mad I still know all the lyrics and can't fight the urge to do a breathy Jessica Simpson voice when I hear this...
4. N Sync - God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You
I remember this song, it played at my junior high dance (my first dance) and no one asked me to dance...why do I like this song?
5. Mandy Moore - I Wanna Be With You
A song that was sung all too seriously about boys who didn't know I was alive.
6. Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me
I really only liked this song because it was in She's All That.
7. Mariah Carey; Joe; 98 Degrees - Thank God I Found You
K I'm done.