It's almost New Year's Eve! What are you doing? Watching the ball drop and eating pot stickers in your PJs or getting white girl wasted in Vegas? More importantly, are you making a resolution? I suggest you do, even if you're one of those people who "doesn't make resolutions" because there's always room for growth and making your life better, even if your life is already pretty great, people who won the lottery...
So in an effort to make 2013 better than 2012, here are some recommendations to make next year your golden year.
1. Be more romantic. Do things "just because."
2. Be a jerk because sometimes you need to sound a little tough to get what you want.
3. Vocalize what you want/need/expect from someone whether it's a friend, family member or bf/gf.
4. Stop dating the wrong people. Get to know yourself better so you can learn who the right people are.
5. Stop complaining so much, you're irritating everyone.
6. Be a better kisser. Throw some Spiderman kisses into your routine.
7. Stand up when she leaves/comes back to the table. This will set you apart from the rest.
8. Cancel your gym pass and go for a walk. Unless you live in a sketchy area, in which case, drive to another neighborhood and go for a walk.
9. Say "I love you" more.
10. Date someone you never would have in 2012.
11. Don't be so judgmental, unless it's the Lohan family we're talking about.
12. If you're being slutty, stop. Everyone is watching.
13. Don't go to bed hungry because you're out of calories.
14. Be thrifty but don't skimp on important things like birth control, condoms and hand soap (the cheap stuff seriously wrecks your skin).
15. Have more fun.
16. Unfollow Donald Trump on Twitter.
17. Celebrate birthdays. Sending wishes on Facebook isn't good enough, unless you're using their new gift feature...
18. Do one thing you've never done before in 2013, just not one of the following: Oxycontin, getting someone pregnant and leaving or embezzlement. Everything else is cool though.
19. Even out the trashy television you watch with some news or at least something scripted.
20. Floss more because dental work is expensive and bad teeth = no dates.
21. Dress your age.
22. Accept the things you cannot change like nosy acquaintances and bad family health history.
23. DON'T accept the things you CAN change like poor credit and the size of your boobs. JK! But I mean, if you're not happy about them...
24. If you're single, accept it. Who cares? It doesn't define you.
25. Shut up and do that thing you've been saying you're going to do.
Follow me on Twitter @BlogWithBenefit
Photo via NastyGal